Friday, March 13, 2009

Tips for Resume Writing - The Best Tip Ever

I have pursued and landed many jobs throughout my career. I have to say that the majority of the jobs I have held would not have been possible with out placing significant time and effort into the "Resume Writing Process". This article is meant to help bring this daunting task down to a simple level which anyone can accomplish. This article is not a "how to " write a resume. It is more about what to include in your job resume writing.

I have worked for a Fortune 100 company and a small business. I spent time as a laborer and in management. I have a few college degrees to my name as well. All in all I think my professional career is pretty well rounded. I have moved from one job to another as the times have passed and I do not regret any of the changes. In the recent past many of my friends and family have come to a point that they need to write a resume for the first time. The following is the single most important point in writing a resume:

Create a standard resume in a word document that has minor items that can be changed to seem as a "Taylor Made Resume" for a specific job you are interested
in landing.

If you invest the time up front to cover all of the basics in a standard resume then you are 90% of the way there. This is where my resume writing tip comes in to the equation.

Once you have found a few employers that are hiring spend 15 to 20 minutes on line researching their business. If they are a project management company add 4-5 points that show your project management skills. If they are in the supply chain field add appropriate content.

This resume writing tip will benefit you in multiple ways. The first is that when the company is screening potential employees your resume will stand out. The second is that WHEN you are called for your first interview you will have first hand knowledge about the company you are interviewing with and the business you are trying to enter.




I hope my experience and the Best Resume Writing Tip will help everyone out there who is looking for a job or to start a new career.

Let me know your thoughts. Please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment